The Y is a nonprofit organization that relies on the kindness of our friends and neighbors to educate and assist our communities. Whether you’d like to receive more information about the mission of the YMCA or you’d like information right now on how to get involved and volunteer with our organization, we’d like to connect you with the tools you need to get engaged with us.
Volunteers are essential to the success of the Harrisburg Area YMCA and are key to fulfilling our mission of building strong communities
Volunteering demonstrates caring for others and offers the opportunity to improve the lives of children and families, creating a caring society. By giving your time with the YMCA to benefit others, you have the opportunity to build new relationships, learn and grow while having fun.
Volunteers contribute in many ways. Volunteers have helped the Harrisburg Area YMCA by:
- Helping children become better readers
- Refereeing and coaching Youth Sports
- Assisting with our many races (5k, Harrisburg Mile, Half Marathon)
- Assisting with annual fundraisers
- Teaching fitness classes and swim lessons
- Helping with our Teen Mentoring Programs.
- Volunteering as Tour Guides and front desk attendants.
- Volunteering as race day assistants
To inquire further about volunteer opportunities, please contact the branch you’d like to contribute to:
Camp Curtin – email@example.com
East Shore – firstname.lastname@example.org
Northern Dauphin County – email@example.com
West Shore – firstname.lastname@example.org